Travels

Jared and Yamin are traveling around South East Asia (SEA) starting July 13th in Singapore. No real plans other to spend time with each other and have fun.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween and Beyonce



So now I’m counting down the days. I leave for down under in just less than 48 hours and can’t wait to be back with my partner in crime.

So my favorite holiday of the year just came and went and girl… I was happy with my costumes… yes… more than one… more than one party calls for multiple costumes, right?

Here in Hong Kong it’s not as big as it is in the U.S. (nowhere is).

The first party was a fundraiser for the HK Gay/Lesbian film festival at Solas last Sunday. I had a 2 day notice to perform as Dyna D, my drag alter ego. Though the performance went sour (probs with the sound), I had a great time and looked fierce. I did my shopping in like 30 mins and it came together great. Most of the credit goes to Little White, my friend (through Joe) who owns a makeup school. She did my amazing butterfly for my first performance and did an amazing job this time. Some said I looked like Liza (with a “Z”) and others said Joan Collins… I worked the outfit the entire night and ended up at a straight bar with Antonio (as Ugly Betty) at 3 am being picked up by 2 “straight” guys and a lesbian! Lord….

Wednesday (the 31st) was a huge party at Propaganda (Propa-spank-ya) and I did Leigh Bowery. Again, I did the costume in about a day (lots of hand sewing) and looked great even though only one person knew who I was (Hong Kong…. Figures). Joe and I competed and ended up winning a bottle of Champagne.

The other big event of the week was Beyonce in Macau. David treated me as a going away gift and we had a great time. I was surprised at how much I really enjoyed it. I’m not your typical pop fag but she has an amazing live voice and can really dance. She did a lot of old numbers, like Destiny’s Child stuff.

So, just packing now and looking forward to my new adventure. Hope everyone is doing well and can come visit us in Sydney.

Take care,

Jared

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home